How you have used an iPod or an iPad with your students?

Friday, September 10, 2010

Welcome

     This blog is designed to promote conversation about the use of assistive technology tools in the educational setting.  I would like this to be an open forum for questions/sharing. 
     Currently, I am very interested in knowing what experience(s) you have had in using  iPods and iPads in school.  Please comment on any "apps" that you have found educationally useful, and their purpose.  Check out the link to iPossibilities in my blogroll below. There are several introductory slideshows that are incredibly informative. Please don't be intimidated; I'm learning these tools and their applications too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Carolyn! I am very excited about you blog topic. I recently took the 21st Century Teaching: Supporting All Learners on the Ability Spectrum class and learned so much about assistive technology. I have previously worked at the early childhood lab school at Tuft's University and we had a student who used assistive technology daily. very cool!

CarolynOTRATP said...

jthompson, What a coincidence! I went to Tufts undergrad and earned my Bachelors Degree in Occupational Therapy (OT). The Childhood Center has a wonderful reputation; I imagine you had an incredible experience. Assistive technology (AT) is really my passion at this point; I see such a huge connection between OT and AT! CArolyn