How you have used an iPod or an iPad with your students?

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Poll Results

Although the poll has closed itself, I am still very interested in if and how you might be incorporating iPods and/or iPads in your classroom or school.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Carolyn,

I do not currently use ipod or iPads in my classroom, but I am in the process of writing a grant for using ipods with my ESL students. In a previous class I found this site with lots apps to use in the classroom (http://www.scribd.com/doc/24470331/iPhone-iPad-and-iPod-touch-Apps-for-Special-Education?utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=Hootsuite&utm_campaign=ReadingRockets.org)

When I work in MA I had a student who used a PalmTop to communicate with, and now I wonder if using an ipod or iPad would be easier. Do you work with any students who use these tools?

CarolynOTRATP said...

Jaclyn, Thank you for the link! Funny, but Eric contributes to one of the listserves that I am on and I realized that I have seen this paper before! I have now tagged it to keep it better referenced in delicious. Good luck with your grant! Have you found apps to help you with your ESL students?
In reference to the student with the PalmTop to communicate, take a look at the Proloquo 2 Go app for the iTouch and iPhone. It is revolutionary! Sam Sennott (mentioned in Eric's paper was one of the inventors.) It is incredible. http://www.proloquo2go.com/

Anonymous said...

I have checked out Proloquo 2 Go and I can't believe how affordable it is compared to BoardMaker products!! I almost wish I had a need for it so I could justify buying a $180 app, lol! I have researched several apps that I could possibly use with ESL students. However, many of the apps that are marketed for speech therapists would be beneficial for my students too.

CarolynOTRATP said...

Yes, Boardmaker is another technology treasure! Boadmaker icons are actually used in P2Go. What grade/age ESL students do you work with?