Evernote is an iPod/iPad/iPhone app that allows the user to author a text message, audio clip, video clip, or photo to help to remind them of events or ideas. It works with both PC and Mac, synchronizing to either platform. Data stored in "notes" is searchable by geolocation. The above website indicates the following potential uses: "● For research and class notes
● To capture blog ideas and design inspiration
● To stay in-sync with your desktop notes, web clips, and files
● To snap photos of whiteboards
● To record voice memos" (http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/evernote/id281796108?mt=8#, retrieved 10/1/10.)
Sounds cool! I am charging my wife’s IPod. It’s about a year old I hope it has the ability to run this app. Our lives are moving at the speed of technology. It’s amazing how quickly technology keeps evolving. Soon we will be able to carry our lives around with us on small hand-held or even small devices. The idea of making technology available in schools for students is a must. It seems that those who fail to keep up literally watch the world sale out of reach daily on the sea of technological innovations. David
David, You are right! Keeping up with it all is a challenge. Having young kids at home helps :). The availability piece is still a problem...seems to be the "haves" and "have nots" in many of the districts I work in. Hope that can change!
This is very cool! I was recently looking at the new iPod touch. It now comes with a camera and video recording abilities.
I think the issue of the "haves" and "have nots" happens more often around the country than we would really like to think. Even within the same school district.
I am an occupational therapist and assistive technology service provider. I work in a rural setting with students in K-12 school settings. I am particularly interested in integrating the use of low and high tech tools to enable special needs students to succeed in school.
3 comments:
Sounds cool! I am charging my wife’s IPod. It’s about a year old I hope it has the ability to run this app.
Our lives are moving at the speed of technology. It’s amazing how quickly technology keeps evolving. Soon we will be able to carry our lives around with us on small hand-held or even small devices. The idea of making technology available in schools for students is a must. It seems that those who fail to keep up literally watch the world sale out of reach daily on the sea of technological innovations.
David
David, You are right! Keeping up with it all is a challenge. Having young kids at home helps :). The availability piece is still a problem...seems to be the "haves" and "have nots" in many of the districts I work in. Hope that can change!
This is very cool! I was recently looking at the new iPod touch. It now comes with a camera and video recording abilities.
I think the issue of the "haves" and "have nots" happens more often around the country than we would really like to think. Even within the same school district.
Post a Comment