- Picatello - An app for the iPod Touch and iPhone that can enable the user to create photo albums and books that "talk". These could be used to create social stories, schedules, or narratives as a few examples. $14.99 though iTunes store: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pictello/id397858008?mt=8
- ArtikPix - This app was designed by a speech and language pathologist to help students practice their speech sounds via a game structure. There is a free and a full version of the program. It is available for the iPod Touch, iPad, and the iPhone. Data collection is available within the app. The full version is $49.99. http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/artikpix-full/id356720379?mt=8
- myHomework - Available for the iPod Touch and the iPhone can help a student keep track of homework, projects and tests. Free http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/myhomework/id303490844?mt=8
Wednesday, October 20, 2010
App Heaven
I attended the Closing the Gap workshop today entitled, "iPod touch, iPhone and iPad as Assisitve Technology: From AAC to Planning tool. We were presented with a wealth of information that will take me some time to continue to experiment with, learn, and use with the students that I work with. There are over 300,000 apps that have been developed for these devices for a wide variety of purposes. I have selected a few to post so that you may investigate which would be useful to you and/or your students:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Carolyn
Great stuff, I am now enrolled in the 21th Century Teaching class which centers on using tech with disabled students. I will explore some of these apps for use in future lesson plans.
David
Post a Comment